Fire and Perils
This policy provides cover for the insured property against loss or damage caused by:-
- Fire & explosion from any cause
- Loss or damage caused by lightning
- Loss or damage as a result of bush fire
- Loss or damage caused by earthquake
- Loss or damage caused by riot or strikes
- Loss or damage caused by malicious people
- Flood and water damage
- Storm damage caused by wind or excessive rain etc
- Impact by motor vehicle
- Loss or damage caused by aircraft or any object falling from the air
Note:Loss or damage caused by terrorist is not covered. It can be extended to the policy at an additional premium
The policy covers loss of profits as a result of fire.
This policy provides cover for loss or damage caused by burglars. Burglary is defined as breaking in or out of premises for the purpose of stealing. Therefore, there must be evidence of use of force to gain entry into or out of the premises. Hold up is covered or use of threat to the employees. However, this is not automatic with some companies and therefore must be requested for specifically. We do this automatically and also include all the essential clauses for our client’s protection. The cover extends to include damage to the premises caused by burglars. Assets, such as office equipment, stock in trade, furniture, fixtures and fittings are covered under this category.It is therefore important to include cover for plant and machinery for industrial premises.
Note:It is also important to extend the policy to include riot and strikes.
The insurance provides indemnity against loss or damage to specified items as a result of any cause within the geographical area specified in the policy.
Computer and Electronic Insurance
This policy provides coverage to your electronic equipment including computers against sudden and unforeseen physical damage to the equipment in a manner necessitating repair or replacement.
Property Terrorism and Sabotage Insurance
This insurance has been specifically designed to cover terrorism, sabotage, mutiny, rebellion, insurrection and coup d'Etat (excluding war and civil war), strike, riot and civil commotion.
This policy provides cover for all stocks against loss or damage by fire & Allied perils and theft whilst stored in the insured’s owned or leased premises or in transit anywhere in Kenya.
- Report the accident to Ryma Insurance immediately
- Report to the police immediately and obtain a police abstract
- Complete a claim form giving the replacement cost of lost property
- Attach a statement from a watchman/guard or any witness
- Completed Claim Form
- Original police abstract
- Replacement quotation
- Witness statement
- Adjustment report